Organized by Equality Network, the event featured a march from Vermont Ave. & Santa Monica Blvd. to Sunset Junction and Le BarCito (previously known as “The Black Cat Tavern“), a space known historically as the location where a pre-Stonewall protest against police raids on gay establishments occurred. Displays of hate crime victims, a portion of the AIDS Quilt, historic documentation of the LGBT movement stood on the streets as marchers entered the area, led by a truck carrying a large “Prop 8 Coffin.”
- Gloria Allred, prominent civil rights attorney who represented same-sex marriage plaintiffs before CA Supreme Court in 2008
- Robin Tyler, one of the Original Plaintiffs in the CA Supreme Court Lawsuit, Tyler v. County of LA.
- Marquita Thomas, founder of Out & About Events for Women
- Assemblyman John Perez, the first openly gay person of color to be elected to the State Legislature
- Father Geoff Farrow, Catholic priest who came out against Proposition 8 during a service
- Eugene Hedlund, founder of Truth & Hope media
- John Henning, co-founder of Love Honor Cherish
- Gay marriage advocates rally in Hollywood, ABC 7
- Hundreds Rally Against Prop 8 in Los Angeles, KTLA
- Anti-Prop 8 March Held in Hollywood, FOX LA
- Protesters march against Prop. 8 in Hollywood, LA Times Blog
- Prop 8 anniversary in LA draws 150 and a Police Commissioner, Karen Ocamb (Frontiers Magazine)
- YouTube video of marchers
- Nov. 4th rally was amazing! Photos & news vids coming soon!
- Rally TONIGHT to protest Maine results and Bury Prop 8!
- March & rally is TOMORROW (Wed.)!
- Prop 8 – one year later! March & rally on Wed., Nov. 4th!
Thanks to Marta Evry & Lester Aponte for providing these images.